- UK Forensics
- McConnell Center
- About us
Adopted as of Fall 2016.
Empowered by information.
Transformed by learning.
Driven by research.
We are a community of scholars, educators, and advisors who prepare information professionals to be leaders and change agents in meeting the needs of a diverse and evolving society.
Program Goals for Library Science
- To develop further an inclusive culture that fosters effective research, teaching, and learning.
- To produce competent information professionals who can facilitate the flow of information in a rapidly changing society
- To recruit, develop, support, and retain a diverse, talented and promising body of faculty, staff, and students
Instructional Objectives for the LIS Master's Program
Upon completion of the Master’s program in Library Science, graduates will:
- Describe how communities & individuals interact with/in information ecosystems
- Analyze the major tenets of information practice and apply them in multiple contexts
- Connect diverse communities & individuals with appropriate resources
- Explain the dependence of information retrieval on the organization of information.