September 14, 2023
3 CI students named 2023-24 Alumni Ambassadors
By Stacey Gish
23-24 Alumni Ambassadors
The UK Alumni Association announced the selection of 33 students who will serve as Alumni Ambassadors for the 2023-2024 academic year. As official student hosts of the University of Kentucky, Alumni Ambassadors promote the university at numerous events in partnership between the Office of the President, Office of Philanthropy and the UK Alumni Association.
Alumni Ambassadors represent the best and brightest of UK students, demonstrating high achievement in their collegiate careers and a dedication to the advancement of the university. Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher and represent diverse backgrounds, cultures and areas of campus involvement.
Alumni Ambassadors for 2023-2024, including class, hometown, and major(s), are:
- Madison Argue, junior, Dayton, Ohio, agricultural and medical biotechnology;
- McKenzie Bell, senior, Monticello, Kentucky, agricultural and medical biotechnology and animal science;
- Kenzie Bennett, sophomore, Columbia, Kentucky, integrated strategic communication;
- Dasha Boikov, senior, Nicholasville, Kentucky, agricultural and medical biotechnology;
- Malissa "Mimi" Bouakham, senior, Elizabethtown, Kentucky, international studies;
- Caroline Bruser, junior, Murfreesboro, Tennessee, civil engineering;
- Isha Chauhan, senior, LaGrange, Kentucky, biology;
- Meredith Compton, senior, Columbia, clinical leadership and management;
- Morgan David, senior, Louisville, Kentucky, communication and integrated strategic communication;
- Andersen Detwiler, junior, Prospect, Kentucky, chemistry;
- Emmanuel Dhemby Moussabou, senior, Lexington, clinical leadership and management;
- Molly Evola, sophomore, Louisville, neuroscience;
- Holli Goff, senior, Little Rock, Arkansas, arts administration and theatre;
- Jacob Grider, senior, Columbia, biology;
- Mary Grace Hemingway, senior, Owensboro, Kentucky, clinical leadership and management;
- Lauren Hickey, senior, Lexington, French and Francophone studies;
- Ella Hoehner, junior, Simpsonville, Kentucky, equine science and management;
- Jackson Huse, senior, Louisville, computer engineering and computer science (pre-medicine);
- Taylen Kaster, senior, Tipp City, Ohio, finance and marketing;
- Christy Kirkham, senior, Champaign, Illinois, human health sciences;
- Sydney Lilley, junior, Augusta, Kentucky, management and psychology;
- SJ Lycans, sophomore, Ashland, Kenticky, chemical engineering;
- Jaclyn Meredith, senior, Paducah, Kentucky, communication sciences and disorders;
- Lily Messer, senior, London, Kentucky, communication;
- Carly Necessary, senior, Midway, Kentucky, clinical leadership management;
- Shannon Nguyen, senior, Louisville, biology and neuroscience;
- Bonnie Beth Olsen, junior, Owensboro, elementary education;
- Siena Pilati, sophomore, North Canton, Ohio, public policy;
- Cassidy Poynter, senior, Owensboro, business management;
- Julia Rhorer, senior, Frankfort, Kentucky, human health sciences (pre-medicine);
- Julia Samenuk, senior, Dublin, Ohio, communication sciences and disorders; and
- Caroline Youdes, senior, Louisville, biology.
UK Alumni Association Alumni Engagement Coordinator Samantha Seitz serves as adviser to the group.
The Executive Board consists of President Dasha Boikov, Vice President of Membership Meredith Compton, Vice President of Events Lauren Hickey, Vice President of Communications Jackson Huse and Vice President of Philanthropy Caroline Youdes.
The Alumni Ambassadors are available upon request to serve at university functions. Requests should be submitted at least two weeks in advance of the event and approved by UK Alumni Association staff.
For more information on the Alumni Ambassadors and to request an ambassador for an event, visit www.ukalumni.net/AlumniAmbassadors.