The forums will be attended by senior officials from CHFS, including cabinet Secretary Audrey Tayse Haynes, Medicaid Commissioner Lawrence Kissner, Public Health Commissioner Dr. Stephanie Mayfield and Behavioral Health Commissioner Mary Begley, among others.
“Our first series of forums for health providers were so successful in opening the lines of communication and making connections that allow us to work better together,” Haynes said in a press release. “We decided to not only repeat but expand the scope of the forums this year, bringing new topics to the forefront like behavioral health, which is particularly timely due to improved access allowed by the Affordable Care Act. Once again, we will also allow time for private meetings with the managed-care organizations,” or MCOs.
Medical providers will be able to meet with MCO representatives, the Department of Insurance and the cabinet to discuss concerns about proper billing, appeals processes and any specific regional issues, in addition to a general conversation about how to improve the overall system of health care delivery in Kentucky. Sessions will also discuss behavioral-health opportunities, improving overall health and community workforce capacity, among other topics, according to the release.
The sessions will begin at 9 a.m. and concluding at 5 p.m., with an optional second day of workshops running from 9 a.m. to noon. The dates and locations are:
· Aug. 5-6: Adron Doran University Center, Morehead State University
· Aug. 11-12: Frankfort Convention Center
· Aug. 20-21: Hazard Community College
· Aug. 25-26: James E. Bruce Convention Center, Hopkinsville
· Aug. 27-28: Owensboro Convention Center
· Sept. 3-4: Northern Ky. University METS Center, Erlanger
· Sept. 10-11: University of Louisville Shelby Campus
· Sept. 15-16: Center for Rural Development, Somerset
Providers who would like to register or get additional information should visit the Department for Medicaid Services website.