The Commonwealth Fund will host a March 17 teleconference briefing for journalists and policymakers to discuss prevention and treatment of the coronavirus. The call will last about an hour and will begin at 12:30 p.m. ET. Register here.
Experts will cover the following topics:
- What policy tools do the federal government and states have at their disposal to address the pandemic, and what actions have they taken so far?
- How can we expand coverage and access to care through Medicaid, and how can we work with insurers so that no one is deterred from seeking needed treatment?
- What role could emergency federal powers play, and where could they fall short?
- Kevin Lucia, J.D., M.H.P., Research Professor, Georgetown University Center on Health Insurance Reforms
- Sara Rosenbaum, J.D., Harold and Jane Hirsh Professor of Health Law and Policy, George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health
- Moderator: Rachel Nuzum, M.P.H., Vice President, Federal and State Health Policy, The Commonwealth Fund