The 18-hour ISC minor offers students an understanding of the general principles of integrated strategic communication. The minor is open to students who are not currently majoring in ISC, who wish to enhance their degree program with credentials in strategic communication approaches for the commercial and not-for-profit world.
Any student wishing to minor in integrated strategic communication must meet the college’s selective admission requirements and earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater in both minor pre-requisites (ISC 100 and ISC 161). Students cannot register for ISC minor elective courses until they have met the above requirements, successfully completed ISC 261 and been accepted into the ISC minor program.
For information on how to request a minor in integrated strategic communication please visit the “Majors and Minors” section of the CI Student Success FAQ.
- ISC 100 – Introduction to Strategic Visual Communication
- ISC 161 – Introduction to Integrated Strategic Communication
- ISC 261 – Strategic Planning and Writing
Select one course (three credit hours) from the minor international list below:
- ISC 319 – World Media Systems
- ISC 381 – International and Cross-cultural Advertising
- ISC 382 – Global Public Relations Strategies
- ISC 583 – Special Topics in Education Abroad
Select two courses (six credit hours) from the minor elective list below:
- ISC 311– Ethical, Legal, and Social Issues in ISC
- ISC 325 – Strategic Audience Insights
- ISC 341– Strategic Public Relations
- ISC 351– Integrated Strategic Communication Management: The Case Approach
- ISC 361– Direct Response Targeting: Media and Database Management