How to Give to the College

Gifts of cash can be made by check or bank wire transfer or fixed amounts can be given to the University of Kentucky monthly or quarterly for a defined or indefinite period.

Gifts of stock can be made by instructing your broker or banker to transfer the stock to the University of Kentucky. You may be able to receive a special tax advantage for gifts of securities.

Gifts-in-Kind can include contributions of personal property such as art, real estate, coin collections, gems/jewelry, books, stamp collections, equipment, and certain publicly traded securities.

All forms of insurance are accepted as gifts. The policy must have a minimum guaranteed death benefit of at least $50,000 and build a cash or loan value. The policy must also list the University of Kentucky as the policy owner and beneficiary.

More than 1,000 businesses nationwide match the charitable contributions of their employees. Matching gifts may be matched dollar-for-dollar or may be matched at a higher rate.

UK faculty and staff can make contributions to any department, program, or unit of the university through payroll deduction. Deductions can be made on a bi-weekly or monthly basis.

Establish a charitable remainder trust. This allows you to receive income during your life while providing, at the same time, a significant gift to the College. Advantage: more control to the donor including the choice of trustee.

Large gifts from estates and planned giving allow you to enjoy assets now while providing substantial support for the future. For information go to:

A will bequest to the College is another way to provide an estate gift. UK has established the Society of 1865 to recognize donors for their contributions to the University via provisions in their wills. For infomation on the Society of 1865 go to:

Become a member of the University of Kentucky Fellows Society. The minimum amount required to become a University of Kentucky Fellow is $25,000. Your membership can be designated to a program, an endowment or to any unit of the College. For more information on becoming a UK fellow go to