The College of Communication and Information Student Success team empowers all students to take ownership of their academic and personal development by creating advisor and student relationships in a supportive and inclusive environment.
CI Student Success Center
The CI Student Success Center is our College's hub for all things related to student support and student success including our advising team, our College recruiter and a newly renovated, collaborative study space for students and events.
The CI Student Success Center is located in 310 Lucille Little Library and is open 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Meet with an advisor
Why meet with an advisor?
- Work with someone who is dedicated to your success
- Get answers to questions you may have about your major, career or coursework
- Track your progress for timely graduation
- Get connected with various campus resources to help you be successful
- Get your advising hold lifted, allowing you to register for classes
How do I meet with an advisor?
- Click the button below to schedule an appointment. Please make sure to do so before registration begins.
- If you need help scheduling an appointment, click the button below for instructions.
You can also take advantage of our drop-in advising services, whether in-person in 310 Lucille Little Library or virtual, 9-10 a.m. and 1-3 p.m., Monday-Friday. Click the button below to access our virtual Zoom room or the image for directions to our office.
During drop-in advising, you will meet with the designated drop-in advisor at the time, which may not be the advisor personally assigned to you. Therefore, drop-in advising does not qualify to lift your advising hold. You must make a scheduled appointment with your advisor to lift this hold.
How do I prepare for my advising appointment?
- Review your degree audit through myUKGPS
- Identify incomplete requirements
- Using the course catalog, save course options to your course planner
- Prepare a list of questions for your advisor regarding classes, degree progress, campus involvement, etc.
CI Student Success Staff